CLICK HERE FOR YEAR 8 INSTRUCTIONS - 01/06/2020 to 12/06/2020
CLICK HERE FOR YEAR 8 INSTRUCTIONS - 04/05/2020 to 22/05/2020
CLICK HERE FOR YEAR 8 INSTRUCTIONS - 20/04/2020 to 01/05/2020
CLICK HERE FOR YEAR 8 INSTRUCTIONS - 23/03/2020 to 03/04/2020
I hope you and your children are looking forward to a pleasant half term break from school work. Please follow the link above for instructions for the next two weeks’ work that your child can complete starting on 1 June. Heads of subject will be regularly emailing pupils directly and subject staff will be available to answer questions and set additional work, should it be required. We have made excellent progress on an online provision using Microsoft Teams and from 1 June teachers will begin to trial this method and contact pupils with a view to more lessons moving to live on line in the week beginning 15 June. A separate guide has been emailed to you, if you are not familiar with Teams as a learning platform. This link is also helpful in conjunction with the guide.
We strongly believe that, despite these extremely difficult circumstances, a continuance of some sense of normality and structure is essential. We, therefore, recommend wherever possible the following:
- Aim to have a positive routine that matches what pupils would normally do if they were coming to school. Where possible, they should attempt to follow their timetable. Week commencing 1 June is Week 1.
- Monitor our e-learning platforms, such as Doddle, and your child’s school email account, as subject teachers are emailing daily during normal school hours to set more work and challenge accordingly. There is no expectation on formal marking but many are providing it where possible.
- Encourage your child to contact their teacher via email if they need help; teachers are working from home during the normal hours of the school day. We kindly ask that you are patient in waiting for a response as they may not come immediately, particularly as some staff are doing the same with their own children.
- Ensure that your child takes ownership over their learning and complete the work set to the best of their ability. An extension page is also available on the school website if required.
Be in weekly contact with your child’s form tutor or Head of Year and raise any pastoral concerns you have.
School email can be accessed by:
1) Accessing www.office.com
2) Sign in using your normal school login details and password
3) Click on Outlook, your school emails will appear
Any queries regarding logins to Email, Microsoft Office, Doddle, MyMaths, MathsWatch, GCSEPod or any other systems recommended should be directed to MCourtman@cromwell.cambs.sch.uk or
Thank you for your support and please rest assured that whatever you are encouraging your child to do at this time is helping them in the longer term, however difficult the circumstances.