What is Forest School?
We are very fortunate to have our own Forest School provision on site. It is a short walk through the school site and has its very own woodland. Forest School is an inspirational process that offers all learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees. Forest School is a specialised learning approach that sits within and compliments the wider context of outdoor and woodland education.
At Forest School all participants are viewed as:
- Equal, unique and valuable
- Competent to explore & discover
- Entitled to experience appropriate risk and challenge
- Entitled to choose, and to initiate and drive their own learning and development
- Entitled to experience regular success
- Entitled to develop positive relationships with themselves and other people
- Entitled to develop a strong, positive relationship with their natural world
This learner-centred approach interweaves with the ever changing moods and marvels, potential and challenges of the natural world through the seasons to fill every Forest School session with discovery and difference.
Each Forest School session will be under pinned by the 6 Forest School principals aimed at ensuring that all learners experience the cumulative and lasting benefits that quality Forest School offers.