At Cromwell we believe Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance (CEIAG) is important to progress pupil's personal development. As education and the world of work is ever changing, we want pupils to have the skills and competencies to ensure they are prepared for their future education, Post 16 and Post 18, and their chosen career.
Vision for Careers and EmployabilityOur aim is to:
- Help pupils to be more self-aware, informed of their own further education and employment, including traineeships, apprenticeships and university.
- Enable pupils to manage transition to new roles and situations throughout their lives and help them to achieve their aspirations.
- Allow pupils to develop personal awareness, and how they can actively drive their futures.
- Make clear links between earning potential and the learning and qualifications they gain.
- Show pupils how to adapt and be flexible, to adjust to change and to make effective use of it.
- Prepare pupils for the transfer from school to adult life including further education, training and work.
The College is working towards meeting the Gatsby Charitable Foundation's Benchmarks to develop and improve our careers provision. The College has the CEIAG nationally recognised Quality Award.
Our Enterprise Partner
Cromwell Community College and Stainless Metalcraft have been working closely for many years. They are helping pupils with their personal development skills linked to careers education, including work experience placements, mock interviews and being involved in our careers fair.
Our Enterprise Advisor is Martin Lawrence, former Cromwell pupil and Commercial Director of Stainless Metal Craft, Chatteris
An Enterprise Advisor works directly with a school or college’s senior leadership team to develop their careers programme.
They combine their passion for raising the aspirations of young people with their strategic skills to help put opportunities with local employers at the heat of a young person’s educations (The Careers Enterprise Company)
Cromwell Careers Programme
If you require any further information about Careers at Cromwell, please contact email@example.com or telephone 01354 692193.